Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Homework in the Aether


Karen the Wonder Therapist had a good idea today: how about I write my homework for my blog post once a week. I'm writing almost daily for the blog, so I already have the time available and habitual. And either post it, because this is a blog about my therapy and growth, or delete it and just bring it to her, if it seems inappropriate or too much information to give.

It makes sense. I'm already writing, most of the time I'm already writing about my state of mind or my therapy, so I'm in the right attitude. But I wonder if my therapy homework would be wrong for my blog. It's details of a trauma; currently the trauma involving my mom. Of course, I can always not post it on the blog and just use the time for my homework.

The other thing that concerns me is that I write this blog around 9 pm, or later. That's not prime deep thinking time for me. I would do better to write my homework earlier in the day, no later than between 7 and 8 pm.

However, it's a very good idea and I will give it a chance. If it helps, then I win!

Today's therapy was mostly talking. We talked about how not to get too negative and too focused on what I'm afraid of (money, work). We talked about how I forget planned tasks and activities and how to remember them: my current idea is to print out the week's and day's tasks and post them in the places I go to a lot: kitchen and bathroom. Then I would always see them. The rest of it currently escapes me, but I'm sure it will come back.

After therapy, I did my usual post-therapy walk and grocery shopping, then a stop at a favorite fast-food place for lunner (late lunch/early dinner). Then that was the end of the productive part of my day.

I feel okay today. I've been a bit down; I know it will pass. Feeling lonely and wanting my mom is all. I had a good mom — I knew I could go to her and she would help me and reassure me (mind you, she did better at this when I was an adult, and not so good when I was a kid). She was my safety net. So, just missing her.

3 comments:

  1. We call it dinch. But generally for me it's really the first meal of the day.

    Not that I want you to stop writing your blog, but it might be slightly more important to start with the homework, then see if you still have time in the evening after that is done to blog. Just a thought.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts are generally good thoughts. Perhaps I will do that tomorrow: homework first, then blog. I have no appointments tomorrow, so I can spend the day inside writing things (and maybe picking up --- who knows).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea... now I shall read the next 5 posts and see how it panned out. (Reading 6 posts at once is like watching marathon sessions of a tv show. Quick! To the next episode!)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.