Sunday, July 24, 2011

Homework

I finished my homework for tomorrow: four hand-written pages of memories from last summer. I hand write it to make it more personal and immediate. For some reason, while I can write faster using a keyboard, I feel a distance between me and what I write. I am also more prone to edit as I write when I'm on a keyboard. I'll have to address this when I begin writing my own stuff again; I don't want to be distant from that.

In case you're wondering, I wrote about the end of Mom's radiation through her first fall --- a total of 2-3 weeks. I am constantly surprised at the amount of information I can bring up when I am writing about it. There is a lot of worry and fear in this part of the story. We were both still hopeful and optimistic at this point.

There is less than four weeks from the end of this week's homework until Mom died. I want to make that homework end the Sunday before an appointment, not on a week I don't have an appointment. It's going to be hard.

I've been thinking about the anniversary of Mom's death. I don't want to just hang out alone in my apartment here. I think that would be very bad. A friend suggested I do a peaceful ritual, which sounds nice. But I think I also need some people for the rest of the time around it, to help me not completely drown in grief. I'm just not sure what. I used to be a very decisive person.

So accomplishments today. Not too bad. And leaves me in an emotionally vulnerable place, just right for therapy tomorrow. Sigh. Yippee.

3 comments:

  1. Progress. Getting things accomplished. Both good.
    Julie
    (who continues to TRY and use positive words)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the fact that you're planning ahead to make sure you're not alone is really positive and action-ee and un-"woe-is-me"-ee. Uou're being quite proactive this week, though it may not feel like it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys get all positive on me and I might get giddy with it!

    It's funny how I still feel resistance against these positives you are pointing out, and want to say "no I'm not." "No I'm not being positive." "No I'm not being proactive." "No I'm not feeling better." What a demon the combination of depression and broken thinking is.

    Thank you, both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.