Thursday, March 31, 2011

Out

I left the apartment today for something other than a medical appointment. I had to meet some people about working for them (which makes me feel like celebrating), and it took several hours, including travel time. (I need to look into what this year's IRs deduction is for mileage, given how high gas is and continues to become.)

All of this being away from home has exhausted me — one of those special effects of being an introvert, or as my therapist called me, an extreme introvert. I have many projects to do and I have to begin them immediately. I hope this need for quick work will keep me up and going.

I have begun to feel a bit better. This mood lift could be due to the sunshine we've had the last 2 days; it could be due to an uplift in my mood cycle. I kind of don't care, but I need to know so I can handle things better in the future.

And now that I am exhausted, I am going to bed. But at least I wrote another meaningful post. I need to write the details of the trauma work soon. You might find it interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Is it a different kind of tired? Dan says that he likes it when he works hard, then gets very tired. Tells me that he sleeps better. It might be a brain thing, doing good work, feeling accomplished...personally, I don't get it.
    But, if this kind of "doing stuff" is one of the things that is helping your mood, it might be worth looking in to.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a stimulation thing for me. I'm an introvert, which means I expend energy to interact with people (except for those few with whom I gain energy when we are together). So there was that.

    But there is also dealing with noise, with visual stimulation, everything. Other people talking. Loud talking.

    I know it's some sort of sensory issue, or some sort of "highly sensitive" issue. Just another one of those odd ... I mean charming ... things about me. It's not like work tired, either physical or mental.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.