Thursday, May 5, 2011

Please just stop


It's sunny today; looks gorgeous outside. The birds are tweeting (they have very tiny smartphones). I've had some truly good days where I felt very, very good.

So I don't know why today I feel like absolute shit and want to crawl back in bed and into a ball underneath the covers. Not only would I be too warm under there, I would soon find it difficult to breathe do to the carbon dioxide build up. I know this from experience.

I didn't do anything differently. Went to bed at the same stupid time after letting myself stay up until I was seeing two of everything. Got my now-typical six hours of sleep. Got up at 9am or so. All very usual. Ate the same foods, did the same unproductive routine: tea, breakfast, sitting on couch reading blogs and email, taking meds, putting drops in eyes. No different than the last many, many mornings. So why were the past several days good and today is very much not good?

I feel bad today, in many senses of the word. I feel mentally and emotionally in a bad place. I've not fulfilled some very serious commitments, making me feel like a bad person. i left some comments on two blogs that i wish I could take back because in the one case I feel chastised and in the other ... I just feel like I've done the wrong thing and everyone is simply ignoring it. And because the two people who run the blogs are friends who share a house, I feel as if they are talking to each other and saying "geez, she's such a pain. And all she talks about is herself. I wish she'd go away." I feel like I wish I weren't here, not necessarily forever, but just for awhile.

The bills are all late and I think the city may have cut off mom's water. I'm a totally crappy executor. I haven't been keeping records, I rack up late fees. It's even worse for my own finances. Fifty years old and I cannot even keep track of my own money or keep up with my checkbook.

I am having a really, really bad day. I'm starting to cry. Just a self-pitying blob. And I'm not saying this to get people to feel sorry for me to to validate me or any of that. It's just how I feel: I feel like a pathetic example of humanity, incompetent, self-centered, moody, immature, can't-suck-it-up-and-cope nothing. And everyone is getting tired of me bitching and moaning all the time; pretty soon no one will want to even be my friend because I'm so tiresome.

Hell, any more of this and I'll dump me.

I want cake.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, first take a deep breath. Say something nice to yourself. Yes, really. No, backhanded compliments that are really insults won't work. Say something nice. I'll wait.

    OK, good. Now, get a piece of paper and a pen. Write down THREE small tasks that if you accomplish will make you feel just a little bit better. Only THREE, and they have to be small and doable. Pick up all laundry off the floor is OK. Clean, organize and color code the closet is not OK.

    Is the list done? OK, good. Now, go drink a big glass of water and put on some music. Stretch out. Shake your booty a little.

    Now, take a deep breath and go do the first item on your list. Yes, NOW.

    Once it's done, put a big check mark on the list. Keep going until all three things are checked.

    Sometimes, you gotta get moving, but you have to move in baby steps.

    Check in and let me know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit. I wrote you a really good reply. And it went away. Bastards!

    Read BFB's twice instead. And I'll e-mail you later.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sympathy? Fine! I no give-a-de-sympathy!!

    Out of curiosity I checked out the two blogs (which I assume we all know which blogs you mean)... I looked at the most recent postings... I could only find on one blog you being Super Helpful To Everyone, and being thanked by the blogger. And on the other, you asked an off-topic question, and several other people said "ditto" and "I was thinking the same thing but too chicken to ask!" and you phrased it very politely.

    But anyway I've had days where I've left comments and then TOTALLY worried about them after, so... sisterhood-fist-bump. I feel you.

    Wait! Was that sympathy or validation?? SHIT SHIT FUCK FUCK BUGGER BUGGER!!!! I'd better change the topic before I mess up again!!! @$*$&&$*((***@^$^@!!!!

    I've got Quo Vadis playing silently on the TV and they just loosed the lions on the Christians!! Those poor lion actors. Probably very badly treated.

    xxxooo Here's hoping to a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mabel: LOL. Such language from a lady. Tsk.

    BFB: Um, I forgot. I'll do it tomorrow.

    Julie: thank you. I'm sure it was the Ideal of Eloquence.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.