Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tidal effects, perhaps

I had thought that, being away from my every day for two weeks, I would be able to write. Write the blogs, write my therapy homework ....

I was mistaken. Instead, I have had friends stay overnight, which has been great. I've had a few just-for-an-hour visitors. When I've had no visitors, I've slept. And slept. And slept. One day, I got up at 1pm (bedtime by about 10), ate, went back to sleep at 2, up at 4, drifted off for most of the next 5 hours, up at 9, in bed by 11:30. Slept great. If nothing is demanding my attention, and sometimes even it if is, I want a nap and I want it NOW. I'm taking a drive inland a bit in a couple of days and I'm going to have to buy some energy drinks just to make the trip both ways!

Even being physically uncomfortable doesn't keep me awake: it makes me want to sleep. I am sometimes peaceful and comfortable and sometimes quite twitchy and uncomfortable. But I always want to sleep.

Maybe I need to sleep a lot to make up for all that grieving. I don't know. I guess I'll just ask my therapist.

Hey! It's 9 o'clock! It's almost bedtime again! Yay!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with the idea that this is your body's way of catching up, and recharging. Grieving is hard work. So is traveling when things get forgotten.

    I have no idea how you sleep when you are uncomfortable though.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my super-power.

    If I'm uncomfortable, then sleeping makes it go away! I just cannot sleep in a car or plane unless I can achieve at least an almost-comfortable position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you back at your apartment now?

    It does sound like you're in supercharge mode alright, man! Good. Sleep sleep sleep and then maybe something refreshing will come out the other side.

    I'm struggling against sleepiness issues too, but my problem is I know it's just the damned Topomax cause there's no reason for it, as there is for you. So I'm learning little tricks to cope. !!

    Anyway. Nice to see you back online! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mabel. No, I'm still away. My sleepiness might be medication-related, too. But I cannot get someone to talk to me about it, so for all I know I have a radioactive ALS-like super green monkey ebola syphilitic cold.

    The only problem with all the naps is how much time they take from my life. I hope you can get your life back, too. I'm personally going to invest in Red Bull.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.