Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Step, step

Well, I'm not perfect after all. Huh.

Today I did get up (altho' it was almost 10) and eat breakfast. I didn't shower but I did dress. But I didn't leave the apartment (except to put the garbage can outside my apartment) and I did not have a piece of fruit or vegetable. (The plum, kept in the fridge, was just not quite ripe enough.) However, I did manage a bonus action of cleaning the papers and books off the floor and into a box or the bookshelf.

I don't know why I didn't leave the apartment. It's part of this problem I have, this huge disconnect between thought and action. I can think about an action, but it takes a great deal of time and effort to get over the barrier into committing the action. It's not laziness. It's a problem, one that we hope to fix with the help of therapy.

For tomorrow: earlier out of bed, a shower, a shorter morning routine, that plum, and a little visit on foot to the mail box. And an earlier bed time.

3 comments:

  1. THAT PLUM.

    I shiver in my booties for the fate of that plum. Ooooh plum... tomorrow you're gonna git it!

    I felt better today. I put on actual non-pajama clothes, so I can bring some overdue books back to the library. Now I have to finish reading my overdue book on procrastination so that I can return it in an hour. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabel, "actual non-pajama clothes" is an excellent accomplishment. We live in a college town, most folks consider that dressing up.

    Great family story about a plum: once when we were going to see family (about seven million years ago when I was a child) we had to stop at the Oregon/California border, where they had recently inacted a new "check for produce" policy. When the official person asked if we had anything along those lines I perked up from the back seat and said (with one in my hand), "a plum?"
    From then on, everytime we had to cross over, I'd make sure we had a plum, because when I did this, they never asked if we had anything else, just looked at us all like we were escaped lunatics (lol) and waved us through.

    Good luck Plum!
    Julie
    (who currently only has a nectarine)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plum was eaten with great glee. I have another plum and two nectarines in the fridge. Along with what remains of a packet of blue berries and one of raspberries. There's a small watermelon in there too, because I love watermelon, but I need room to cut the thing and. There. just. Isn't. Any. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.