Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More

Writing a post every day is about as difficult as I expected it to be. But the posts were coming from me so quickly, I grew cocky. I found that sometimes the words aren't flowing. Sometimes I'm far too tired to want to put in the effort or the time. Sometimes I just don't feel like it. And in the past, if I didn't feel like doing something, I'd cancel it, call in sick, blow it off.

I've realized that I wasn't giving myself much credit for writing this blog daily. And not only this blog, but the occasional post on my other blog, and now I'm starting a third, for professional conversation.

Even though I have been so anxious and depressed and purely, miserably in pain during the past month and 2 days, I've written for this blog every evening. And I've turned out another couple of posts for the other blogs.

I don't give myself enough credit.

Today, I dressed in nice clothes and went to a meeting, which was energetic and loud. The sun shone. The weather was hot and not too humid. There was traffic. I didn't have enough water to drink and was parched all the way home. I'm tired because I'm so introverted and I've spent entirely too much time alone inside my home, because I'm out of driving "shape," and because I became mildly dehydrated.

Yet, here I am, writing a post for tonight, even though I am tired and my knee hurts and my ears are still ringing from the talking (we are a loud group). I'm writing even though I have clothing spread all over my bed that I need to put away before I can go to sleep. I'm writing even though all I planned to do was write "Sorry, no post. I'm tired."

Writing a post every day is more difficult than I thought. And much easier. I need to give myself more credit.

3 comments:

  1. When I found your blog, through a Julie mention, my first thought was about how consistently you were blogging--I was impressed, because of the difficulty of the topics and all you're dealing with. I'm glad you're starting to think so too! ;-) heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Mabel said. About doing such an amazing job, ya know, that part. Sorry, I'm dead ass tired. But I'm still so proud of you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. I appreciate both your support and your kudos. I admit I am quite surprised at my tenacity and ability. The skills and commitment I establish here will help me with my professional work. And with, eventually, writing a novel or other book.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.