Sunday, April 24, 2011

OMG! I DID STUFF!!!!


It's entirely appropriate language and punctuation to use.

Today was a typical Sunday. I stayed up until almost 3 am because I couldn't sleep; finally took a pill. Then I woke up at 11 am.  At least I slept for 8 hours, which is good for you, right?

I dawdled, knowing I had so much work to do that I'd put off since Friday (down heah in the South, folks take Good Friday off, including school and gov'mint offices, y'all). Almost all of what I had to do was work-related — a press release I'll get paid for as the contract progresses, and the work samples for the potential contract, plus updating my professional web site.  I also have my therapy homework. I just couldn't start.

I wrote emails. I checked blogs repetitively. I drank two large mugs of tea.

Finally, I ran out of ways to delay myself and I started. Nothing like a tight deadline to motivate one! And then something weird happened. I. Got. Productive.

Here's the list of what I accomplished today:

  • edited a press release
  • added 6 or 7 PDFs to my portfolio on my computer
  • added the same 6 or 7 PDFs to my web site area
  • updated my web site: made minor changes to 5 pages, major changes to 2, added 13 or 14 new pages, included all the correct links (and tested and tested), tested and fixed some more (uploaded and tested and fixed and uploaded)
  • via email, asked for testimonials/recommendations (from probably 7 people) that I can post on my web site (have received 4 yeses and no noes)
  • swept the deck, including the deck chairs and around the door
  • took took the two large boxes that have been lingering in the living room out to the storage closet on the deck
  • paid a bill
  • boiled some eggs
  • ate some eggs for dinner when I realized it was almost 8 pm

In between were at least 30 texts with friends.


I guess the drugs have kicked in.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! This is wonderful, fantastic, super news. You are creating energy and forward momentum for yourself... I am proud of you and so happy for you. Little steps every day add up to a hell out of a lot of steps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What BFB said! And OMG YAY!!! (If this is not an occasion to use all caps and much punctuation, then I don't know what is.)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was quite a shock to me. And I continued to some extent today. What will happen tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just catching up on the Lucy comments, saw about your job, and came over here to see how putting the portfolio together went. AND HOW! Wowzer!! All that and some boiled eggs! lol You rocked it. Best of luck and good wishes and vibes and prayers and Bettiness and everything else for the job.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.